- Fewer stages than conventional coatings
- No limit on part size/complexity - high throughput capability
- Coats tubular, assembled and complex part designs uniformly
- Reduced floor space
- Lower capital cost
- Lower unit cost
- Reduce impact to air/water/energy regulations
- Improved corrosion and performance warranties
- Competitive demand for lower applied cost
- Customer need for global sourcing ability
- Reduces the need for rack cleaning
Process Benefits to Coatings Operations
- Immediate full performance properties - no post cure dwell required.
- Low solids autodeposition coating bath is production friendly.
- Controls for coating bath - simpler and automated.
- Fewer stages than conventional coatings.
- Uses common dip coating equipment/construction materials.
- No special racking required - minimizes labor costs.
- No limit on part size/complexity - high throughput capability.
- Coats tubular/assembled/complex part designs uniformly.
Aquence® Coatings are Easy to Control
The thickness of the coating is time and temperature dependent. The coating itself becomes "self-limiting" as the reaction slows with the thickness of the film. That is why autodeposition creates a uniform coating, even in hidden or recessed areas. The final result is a functional coating that is tough and resistant to aggressive environments.
Reduces Need for Rack Cleaning
Aquence® coatings react to ferrous metals, but once substrates are coated, they are not affected by the autodeposition process. This means is rack cleaning is significantly reduced, because the racks do not continue to build coating thickness everytime they return through the autodeposition coating process. Less rack cleaning also means significant labor and energy savings for coating operations.
Coats Full Assemblies
Ability to coat working assemblies, Lowers inventory requirements, Eliminates masking
Autodeposition will not bridge
Threads do not have to be masked, No runs or sags overall costs
Increased Racking Density
Aquence® does not require electricity Increased production throughput Lowers capital requirements and overall costs
- No volatile organic compounds (Aquence® 800 Series)
- No toxic heavy metals (Aquence® 800 and 900 Series)
- Coating polymers offer excellent barrier properties.
- No flammable or explosive chemicals in process.
- No electricity needed to drive the reaction. Coating is formed via chemical reaction, not electrically induced. No special rack stripping requirements.
- No electrical contact needed.
- Build-up on racking is very slow.
- Low temperature cure capability(Aquence® 800 Series)
- Allows composite assemblies to be coated, reducing work-in-process, labor, and inventory costs.
- Reduced cost for environmental permitting. Possible insurance cost savings.
- Lower stripping labor and energy costs.
- Lower energy usage/costs.
- No irritating solvent fumes or oven exhaust. Fewer limitations on process location.
- No lead, chrome, zinc, or cadmium added to the coating.
- Less risk of worker exposure to process.