Mold Releases – Produced under the Frekote brand name, mold releases are liquid polymers that are applied upon the inside of a composite or metal mold to facilitate the release of the part after it has been heat cured. Frekote is the world leading brand and stands for high performance semi-permanent multiple release polymers granting absolutely no transfer and long mold life. These high reliability release materials have been used for decades to ensure release of complex and expensive composite assemblies.
Frekote cleaners, sealers and releases agents provided the complete mold system to release Advanced Composites from glass fibre, carbon fibre and aluminium moulds. Typically Advanced Composite parts made from the combination of the following resins and reinforcements are released with Frekote:
- Resins: epoxy, polyurethane, cyonate ester, bismalemides, phanolic, polyamide
- Reinforcements: Carbon Reinforced Plastic (CRP), Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP), Kevla
- Thermoset Epoxies
- Natural & Synthetic Rubbers
- Rotational Moulded: Thermoset & Thermoplastics
- Prepreg Epoxies
- Polyester Resins
- Vinyl ester Resins
- The complete range of Frekote cleaners, sealers and release agents are also used to release GRP Composites, Plastics used in Rotational Molding and Rubber Composites.
- Driving higher productivity and profitability for manufacturers through reduced application time and lower reject rates.