Henkel is the world’s leading supplier of automated process control and management information systems for coil coating lines. These systems have proven to be a highly reliable, low-maintenance means to optimize the quality and cost effectiveness of Henkel’s process chemicals. In addition, Henkel is the leading source for modern, high-speed coil cleaning and pretreatment processes globally.
Henkel’s coil coating products provide solutions for the cleaning, pretreatment, lubrication and coating of cold rolled steel, galvanized steel, Galvalume and aluminum substrate for later processing. Innovative coil coating products help customers stay ahead of the competition by offering solutions with specialized cleaners, conversion coatings, passivates, dried-in-place coatings functional organic coatings, and final rinse materials. In addition, Henkel supplies support equipment such as chemical feed pumps, mixer and spray nozzles, all of which are compatible with its process chemicals.
Henkel offers numerous solutions for the coil coatings industry. Henkel’s cleaning, coating and passivated chemicals for steel, galvanized steel, and aluminum coils are specified for a large range of applications by customers globally. New products include dry-film lubricants and a full line of adhesives for almost any application.
Adhesives – Henkel is the leader is adhesive technology, and researchers are continuously investigating and developing the strongest and most durable adhesives in the industry. Henkel’s coil coating division provides a full line of adhesive products for bonding laminates and metal.
Cleaners – Henkel provides a variety of superior, multi-metal surface cleaners to the coil coatings industry. Henkel’s cleaners also are environmentally safe and offer a wide range of operating temperatures.
Dry-Film Lubricants – Henkel’s dry-film lubricants are the industry’s best-in-class. They are cleaner and more effective than traditional stamping lubricants. Additionally, Henkel’s dry-film lubricants offer low maintenance and improved lubricity.
Passivates – Henkel offers the most extensive range of passivates to its customers. The chemists and engineers at Henkel develop organic, inorganic and RoHS-compliant chemical treatments. In addition, Henkel’s passivates offer:
- Better roll formability
- Superior corrosion performance
- Low applied cost
Surface Treatments – Henkel is the world’s leading supplier of state-of-the-art surface treatment technologies. The company offers numerous solutions including iron and zinc phosphates, complex oxides, dry-in-place chrome-fee and chrome pretreatments and sealing rinses. Benefits of using Henkel’s surface treatments include:
- Low applied cost
- Excellent corrosion performance
- Superior paint adhesion
Henkel’s numerous coil coating solutions offer multiple benefits including:
- Paint adhesion
- Halting spread of underpaint corrosion
- Extensive experience – first prepaint treatment developed in 1915
Higher Line Speeds
- Modern lines run at speeds up to 1,000 feet-per-minute
- Some processes require as little as three seconds of exposure to the metal surface
Outstanding Results/Lower Costs
- Costs significantly lower than competitors
- Processes engineered to be robust and less sensitive to fluctuations in processing conditions
- Maintains smooth, uniform, high-speed production
- R&D enabled processes
- Aquatic safe cleaners
- Chrome-free treatments and rinses
- Widest range in industry
- Cleaning, coating and passivation chemicals
- Suitable for cold rolled steel, galvanized, Galvalume and aluminum coils
- Large investment of resources
- Backed up by worldwide affiliates
- Continually develops innovative products for coil lines
Dedicated Technical Support Team
- Largest and most experienced in the industry
- Wide range of laboratory and pilot line services
- Ensures equipment will function effectively for many years
Henkel full line of high-quality products for the coil industry include solutions from the company’s proven brands such as Bonderite®, GranocoatTM and P3®.
Bonderite® – Henkel’s Bonderite® surface treatments are designed to improve adhesion, corrosion resistance and other characteristics for mixed metals production.
Granocoat® – Henkel’s line of organic coatings provide corrosion protection for metal substrates and optimize downstream processes.
P3® – Henkel offers numerous P3® cleaners for metallic and non-metallic surfaces.