Germany, Düsseldorf, Adhesive Technologies
R&D Product Development Manager - Hotmelt (d/f/m)
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Technical lead of product development projects according to ADP process, including being the key technical contact and project lead for selected key accounts
- Performing the formulation, characterization and scale up of developed products including providing business team with periodic updates on progress and attendance at customer trials to support product launches
- Supporting the product maintenance and optimization of existing product portfolio through collaboration with the production, quality, supply chain and procurement functions, and through developing relationships with key suppliers
- Scouting of new raw materials, patents, formulation and process technologies, and the development and improvement of standard test methods and analytical characterization
- Responsibility for the assigned lab area and actively executes Safety, Health & Environmental improvements in order to improve the safety and 5S standards in the lab
- University degree in Chemistry
- At least 5 years business experience in hotmelt formulating and product development
- Highly driven, experienced manager with at least 5 years of significant experience of hotmelt adhesive development
- Proven track record of delivering innovative new products for the packaging and labeling market areas
- Established network within the hotmelt adhesive raw material industry
- Fluent English language skills; German and other languages are advantageous
- MS Office skills