United States, Rocky Hill, CT, Adhesive Technologies
Director, Product Development
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Drives regional PD teams in developing high quality and innovative products to meet SBU strategic and financial goals Identifies new trends in technology and regional markets and invests resources appropriately to maintain leadership in the industry
- Develops and implements processes to ensure consistent PD, managing opportunity and risk appropriately
- Supports and executes IP Strategy as well as captures and defends Henkel’s intellectual property through patents
- Acts as responsible for all technical matters in the region for the SBU as well as defines and manages CAPEX needs within the region
- Prioritizes global / regional projects, assigns and leverages resources regionally
- Technically drives and mentors must-win PD projects
- Ensures timely development, scale up and launch of products
- Executes and implements technology and project portfolio
- Provides technical support to Manufacturing / Quality and enables faster scale ups
- Master’s or PhD degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Sciences, Materials Science, or in any other related scientific areas, is highly preferred.
- Minimum 3-6 years of experience in the areas of thermoset materials, adhesive formulations is required.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully bring products from concept to market.
- Ability to interface effectively at all levels of the organization, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to recruit and retain high-caliber staff. Must be a developer of people through professional and personal mentoring.
- Flexibility, persistence, resourcefulness, a drive to succeed, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Proven ability to invent and innovate, and strong ability to design and implement experiments are needed.
- Professional laboratory skills are essential.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.