United States, Seabrook, NH, United States, Boston, MA, Adhesive Technologies
Senior Operations Manager
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Execute special projects as assigned by Director of Operations.
- Ensure that all safety policies and procedures are followed. This includes accident reporting, investigation, primary cause analysis, corrective action, implementation, and follow up.
- Continually drive employees to deliver a safe and clean workplace.
- Monitor manufacturing performance in real time and post mortem. Adjust production in a timely manner to improve performance.
- Communicate daily with Planning/ Materials Management to maximize Henkel’s ability to service the customer while optimizing labor efficiency. This includes managing work levels, staffing and minimizing overtime.
- Communicate throughout the shift with Hourly employees to ensure a constant exchange of ideas, concerns, and information.
- Effectively communicate Henkel’s culture, policies and procedures, and Continuous Improvement plans to employees.
- Successfully drive the Continuous Improvement program to full depth
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or Operations Management (Chemical Engineering is Preferred) or equivalent work experience if no degree.
- Minimum of five years experience in a manufacturing management role.
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Able to handle sensitive information with confidentiality.
- Demonstrates leadership, problem solving and conflict management skills (horizontal and vertical).
- Demonstrates a professional team-player attitude toward work and co-workers.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Must be able to embrace/drive change.
- Computer literate including proficiency in Microsoft Office/ Outlook
- Six Sigma Green Belt is preferred
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.