United States, Salisbury, NC, Adhesive Technologies
Chemical Operator - 12 Hour Nights
Excellent benefits including Day One Medical, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation, Bonus Opportunities and much more!
Starting Rates between $17.75 and $22.00/hour!
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Operate process equipment to make products in the department with minimal supervision, to include rate of addition, application of heat/cooling, application of vacuum, adjustment of agitation intensity where applicable, and rate of reflux and distillation
- Must follow Process Safety Management (PSM) requirements as defined in some work areas.
- Must follow written instructions and notify management if written instructions could be improved (ie: safety, efficiency or quality)
- Maintain data logs which include time, weights, temperatures, and pressure. Must be legible and timely
- Troubleshoot processes and equipment to identify potential problems
- Follow all SHE requirements implemented by Henkel as well as state and federal mandates that apply to our product and raw material inventory
- Cross-train on all manufacturing equipment
- Provide operator training to other plant employees as appropriate.
- Provide emergency services and general direction to other employees in the event of a plant emergency
- Computer proficiency (Lotus Notes, Excel, internet, windows, SAP, and IMOTICS)
- Complete compliance with all site safety procedures and equipment operating instructions
- Participate in 5S and sustain clean work area to reduce any chance of employee injury
- Must possess knowledge of safe handling practices with raw materials and finished goods to include the safety characteristics (SDS)
- Chemical handling experience preferred or minimum of 2 years related manufacturing experience
- Prefer knowledge in LEAN manufacturing principles or work environment
- Mechanical/electrical aptitude preferred
- Work with others in a respectful manner and as a member of the team, to achieve all goals set forth in the department
- Must be self-motivated and a strong team player
- Demonstrated excellent attendance and reliability
- High school diploma or GED
- Strong commitment to safety systems and OSHA required standards
- Flexibility to work overtime, extended shifts and/or other shifts on occasion
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.