IND, Navi Mumbai, Law & Chief Compliance Office
Legal Counsel & Company Secretary
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Review and draft Legal Contracts: Distributor Contracts, Manufacturing Contracts, Engineering Contracts, Customer Contracts, Sales Agent.
- Initiate and manage Litigation: Arbitrations for recovery of debt, NCLT proceedings wherever applicable, Recovery suits, Section 138 cases.
- Regulatory Compliance: Oversee and assist in implementation of Compliance tool, coordinate with external consultant for Legal Metrology compliances.
- Reports: LCM update and report sharing, Statutory compliance report, SLS, Invoices, Litigation report.
- Internal & External Stake holder management: Manage Board meetings and compliances of board members, Business teams, Finance, HR, Secretarial consultants, Law firms and Lawyers, Legal Metrology Consultants.
- Additional Knowledge of: Competition Act, Privacy Laws important.
- Statutory compliances: filing, registering document including forms, returns and applications with RoC, Stamp Authority, Depository (NSDL), RTA, RBI for the company, and ensuring in-time filing.
- Meetings: preparation and circulation for board’s, committees’ & shareholders’ meetings’ papers viz. notice, agenda, draft resolutions for approval, taking consents etc.; to conduct meetings; taking minutes of meetings and circulation.
- Secretarial records: preparation and maintenance of statutory books/registers viz. Minutes books, charges, members’, KMP’s registers, registers of related party transactions.
- Preparation of Annual Reports: draft Annual Return, Directors’ report, Management Discussion Report etc.
- CS + LLB from a reputed institution/ University. (LLM added advantage)
- 3-9 years of experience in Legal Department (Manufacturing preferred). + some law firm experience will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal) and Eager to learn about new business and ready to work proactively.
- Awareness about changes in law and willingness to work on knowledge management.