United States, Madison Heights, MI, Adhesive Technologies
Technical Service Engineer
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Responsible for managing technical projects, and provide technical support for customers throughout the country. The individual will specify manufacturing processes / control equipment, provide troubleshooting / failure analysis as well as aid in the design and development of equipment systems, and redesign existing equipment to fulfill the needs of customers.
- Serve as technical liaison with customers, sales, marketing, manufacturing and R&D and identify new product development opportunities.
- Assist sales in conducting line audits and development of value add/proposition calculations to maintain existing business and close new business.
- Provide technical support for the launch of new products/lines/process.
- Compiles information and makes recommendation on selection of surface treatment products for existing core business customer projects and new business opportunities.
- B.S. in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or industrial engineering is required.
- Previous engineering experience or internship in a manufacturing environment (0-2 years) is required.
- Experience in equipment design, manufacturing, statistical analysis, and project management desired.
- Required competencies include technical aptitude, equipment & chemistry knowledge, laboratory skills, understanding technology offerings, leadership and teamwork, customer relations, and communication (both written and oral).
- Experience in industrial control equipment, chemistry and experience with manufacturing processes desired.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.