United States, Stamford, CT, Purchasing
Purchasing Manager - Contract Manufacturing
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Category management of assigned purchasing portfolio within the Contract Manufacturing Material Group
- Purchasing portfolio includes contract manufacturers for specific new product launch projects across Beauty Care and Laundry Care business units.
- Supplier selection and evaluation with close co-ordination with supply chain.
- Negotiation of supplier terms and conditions and contract administration
- Leverage and deliver full purchasing program: global/best cost country sourcing, supply base management, risk management, contract management, and cash net working capital management.
- Provide leadership and management for product innovation launch projects, directing teams and managing stakeholder expectations.
- Four year college degree, preferably in business or engineering.
- MBA or Masters highly preferred
- 5+ years purchasing or supply chain experience
- Strong negotiation skills-flexible approach to negotiating depending on situation
- Knowledge of good purchasing practices, contract law as it applies to procurement, and supply chain management.
- Expert knowledge of market including supplier base, general industry information and cost drivers.
- Independently manages processes that include RFPs, tenders, reporting, analysis and e-sourcing
- SAP experience is preferred
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.