United States, Elgin, IL, Adhesive Technologies
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Support engineering and operational initiatives across the North American AO network.
- Responsible for scoping and developing potential capital projects to determine operational and financial viability.
- Leading and supporting process safety requirements such as: Basic and Detailed Risk Assessments, HAZOP, MOC, PSSR, LOPA, SIS, etc.
- Work as a member of project teams to safely and successfully support the delivery and implementation of major capital projects within Henkel North America.
- Lead the startup of capital projects which includes the commissioning of equipment, developing of operating instructions and effectively training operators and supervisors in the new processes and procedures.
- Provide support for safety improvement opportunities that require process engineering expertise.
- Provide process engineering support and guidance as needed for process design and troubleshooting across all manufacturing sites.
- Develop and implement process engineering and process safety guidelines, tools, and procedures for standardization and use throughout the company.
- Actively participate in SHE and PSM audits as requested.
- Execute capital projects of a process nature, including process estimating, PHA's, procurement, contracting, construction oversight, commissioning and start-up as needed.
- Expertise acknowledged by broad internal recognition. Sought out to participate in specific projects for expertise.
- Ensures site compliance with written programs, company guidelines and accredited standards (such as TS16949, ISO 14000, and OSHAS 18001, NFPA, API, ASME).
- BS Degree in Chemical Engineering required
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience in the Chemical Process Industry preferred
- Work experience in and/or supporting a Chemical Manufacturing Environment desired
- Detailed knowledge in chemical process engineering design methods desired
- Experience in PLC and/or DCS control system a plus
- Ability to hold high level technology, process and project discussions with internal customers influencing decision makers or external agencies if warranted.
- Ability to multi task effectively and execute multiple projects and assignments at various stages, within defined parameters and limits..
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required
- Strong technical and data analysis skills required
- Willingness and ability to travel 30% to 50% of time required
- Frequently sit, view a computer screen, and type on a keyboard for extended periods of times
- Work on the job floor to supervise contractors and start up equipment and chemical processes.
- Verbally communicate one-on-one and in front of groups as necessary
- Able to travel to and function in manufacturing plants throughout the company
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.