United States, West Hazleton, PA, Laundry & Home Care
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- The Environmental Coordinator is responsible for managing all phases of hazardous, non-hazardous, residual, and universal waste at the West Hazleton facility while maintaining compliance with all Henkel, federal, state and local regulatory requirements. The person in this role will work a modified 1st shift schedule (7:00 AM - 3:00 PM).
- Manage reporting of all waste amounts on a monthly basis. Facilitate removal of OOS material and waste and ensure manifests are kept on all transactions. Continue to research ways to optimize and reduce waste streams from the facility. Perform inspection of waste areas on a weekly basis.
- Manage spill kits, supplies, and waste labels inventories.
- Sample wastewater and storm water for bi-annual compliance reporting per the permits, or as additionally required by the authority/DEP. Complete bi-annual stormwater inspections. Assure BMPs are in place to meet the Stormwater Permit.
- Administer the contractual responsibilities and coordinator responsibilities of the following services and licenses on an annual basis: Storage Tank registrations, Tier II usage report, Toxic Release Inventory, Luzerne County Recycling Report, West Hazleton Borough Fire Prevention and Chemical Permits, Boiler Certificate of Operations, Elevator Certificate of Operations, Pressure Vessels Certificate of Operations.
- Compile information to complete compliance reports including hazardous waste, residual waste, wastewater, storm water, Tier II, TRI and Luzerne County Recycling Report.
- Accurately monitor and document water usage for reporting along with ensuring payments are processed and received to assure compliance with Susquehanna River Basin Commission (SRBC) Docket requirements.
- Willingness to flex schedule to cover business needs including extended shifts, weekends and holidays if necessary; also may involve moving to another shift to balance skills, results and training opportunities
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills in current or previous roles
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills; can resolve issues independently and understands when additional support is needed
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, meet established timelines and adapt to changing situation
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.