United States, Salisbury, NC, Adhesive Technologies
Project Engineering Intern - Summer 2021
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
The Project Engineering Intern will have the opportunity to get hands on experience with a major capital installation including:
- Supervision of field installation of equipment ensuring compliance with design documents
- Updating drawings to reflect as-built installation
- Organization of equipment folders and coordination with the plant site maintenance group to ensure smooth flow of equipment information
- Assist project team with field commissioning of equipment as it is installed
- Assist project team with field commissioning and integration of control system
- The successful candidate will be currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s program in Chemical Engineering and completed their Sophomore year of study.
- The ability to quickly assimilate and process new skills and information.
- Functional knowledge with the Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Project)
- Ability to set up basic mass and energy balances
- Ability to read P&ID diagrams
- Ability to collaborate in a team setting, good interpersonal skills.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.