PHL, Makati, Global Business Solutions+
General Accounting Senior Accountant
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
At Henkel, we promote a holistic Diversity & Inclusion approach. The diversity of our employees, their backgrounds, experiences, talents, knowledge, creativity, and the appreciation of all their individual differences are the foundation for our competitive advantage.
As a multinational corporation, Henkel employs people from 120 nations in almost 80 countries. About 85 percent of our employees work outside of Germany, with more than half of them in emerging markets.
- Perform daily and monthly General Accounting tasks in accordance with the Service Level Agreement and resolve requests and inquiries in a timely manner
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of month-end activities and Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations
- Ensure accurate completion and submission of various reports required to be delivered
- Support in internal and external audit by providing timely audit schedules
- Support execution of team objectives
- Initiate and implement process improvements
- Graduate of Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy-related courses; CPA licensure is highly preferred
- With at least two (2) years of relevant work experience in General Accounting, Closing and Reporting, Record to Report, Auditing, or other Finance related areas from a multinational or shared service center (SSC) working environment
- Knowledge in intermediate Excel (VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, and pivot tables) is required; SAP, Macros, and VBA is highly preferred
- Must have excellent verbal and written English communication skills (due to direct interaction with North American stakeholders)
- Must be results-oriented, deadline-driven, proactive with collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Amenable to work on a regular day shift (7:00 AM to 4:00 PM) and at least five (5) days of night shift (8:00 PM to 5:00 AM) for month-end closing activities and ten (10) days for quarter-end closing activities