United States, Geneva, NY, Beauty Care
Project Engineer I, NPI
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
This position is a technical leader in a highly versatile manufacturing facility. The individual must be an effective executor. Incumbent will manage a safe and quality transition of new products and capital projects into operations while upholding the necessary technical engineering & packaging standards. It is imperative for this position to be able to communicate technically to all layers of the organization.
- Act as the technical liaison between R&D, Package Engineering and Operations to ensure production processes and equipment can effectively manufacture new products through new product development and pilot/scale up phases.
- Execute and document scale up processes and input all operational cost into an NPI system inclusive but not limited to flammable processing and filling applications. Communicate and collaborate with all functional groups of the NPI teams.
- Autonomously complete process control plans for each new product/product family for primary work centers to aid in consistent, efficient change overs and production runs during line trial.
Write and Perform qualification documents (IQ/OQ/PQ) for each new FDA regulated products as per Henkel standards.
- Lead non-conforming quality investigations when applicable, through CAPA and root cause analysis processes.
- Lead cost saving initiatives from concept, quantification to realization applying to packaging, line efficiency, labor reduction etc.
- Execute new product capital projects from concept and budgeting to execution and closure.
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related engineering discipline.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. AutoCAD experience is beneficial.
- Half of the duties are performed in an office setting while the other half of the activity of this position are performed in a lab, production, and warehouse environment.
- Working extended hours may be required as needed.
- Sitting, standing and limited lifting.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Must be able to lift, bend and stoop without restrictions.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.