United States, Bowling Green, KY, Laundry & Home Care
Process Improvement Engineer
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Under the direction of the Head of Plant Warehouse Operations, the Process Improvement Engineer will serve as a vital resource for Plant Warehouse Operations by applying technical and organizational skills to drive the plant level continuous improvement program targeted at delivering maximum value from the assets, while continuously improving process safety and production efficiency.
- Work on assigned projects and identify projects to improve Plant Warehouse Operations including analyzing details, gathering data, and optimizing / developing processes
- Provide in-depth process and continuous improvement skill sets helping to establish credibility with the Plant Warehouse Operations team
- Drive knowledge exchange with technology experts to increase awareness of potential improvement opportunities for the Plant Warehouse
- Champion process safety activities and act as a resource for relevant process safety concerns in the Plant Warehouse
- Partner with plant operation and maintenance personnel to identify and track performance indicators to be used in identification of gaps and continuous improvement opportunities in Safety, Quality, both production throughput and OEE as well as efficiencies and cost control in the Plant Warehouse Operations
- Lead and support continuous improvement activities aligned with the plant and support any capital plans; Champion the Root Cause Analysis exercise process for the Plant Warehouse
- May Serve as the implementation arm for new equipment, technology, and processes for the Plant Warehouse
- Adhere strongly to the management of change process to ensure that reviews are completed thoroughly, risks are adequately assessed, and personnel are properly trained prior to implementing changes in the production facility.
- BS in Engineering or equivalent with 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing / warehousing environment.
- Demonstrated and validated expertise of both the technology and the continuous improvement.
- Expertise with fundamental principles (mass balance, energy balance, process parameters, governing equations); Plant unit knowledge (tracing lines, equipment, process control technology)
- Knowledge of key continuous improvement systems (Six Sigma, LEAN) and project management (PMP)
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.