United States, Rocky Hill, CT, Adhesive Technologies
Product Development Chemist
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Self-starter with strong initiative.
- Conceive innovative routes in new product development. Employ sound experimental designs to effectively develop new materials for electronic applications.
- Design, develop, execute and support on-time commercialization of new adhesive formulations and products.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on research projects for internal teams, management, customers and technical conferences.
- Directly interact and communicate with external customers and respond to customer requests in timely fashion.
- Effectively work in cross functional teams across different time zones with members from product development, project management, application engineering, process engineering, marketing and sales. Demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Understand state-of-art technology advancement and apply it to product development. Generate new intellectual properties. Actively search for new ideas and technology from within or outside.
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills. Recognize sources of problems; absorb new information easily; expose gaps in logic and contradictions; develop effective solutions to technical roadblocks.
- Perform all laboratory work in a safe manner and comply with all regulations, safety precautions, PPE requirements, and 5S processes.
- Acts as responsible for new research, IP, publications, technology roadmap
- Secures IP position in own area of development
- Guide and mentor junior chemists/technicians as needed
- Master’s or PhD degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Sciences, Materials Science, or in any other related scientific areas, is highly preferred.
- Candidate with B.S. degree and a strong track record of >15 years of successful Product Development in the relevant area may be considered.
- Minimum 5-10 years of hands-on experience in the areas of thermoset materials, adhesive formulations, electronic materials, or semiconductor packaging is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
- Proven ability to invent and innovate, and strong ability to design and implement experiments are needed.
- Professional laboratory skills are essential.
- The ability to work autonomously on multiple projects is needed.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression,and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.