United States, Berkeley, CA, United States, San Francisco, CA, Adhesive Technologies
Head of PD/Innovation - Concord, CA
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Oversees and Leads Global Innovation team; accountable for the overall quality of work of team ensuring goals are met and projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Leverage exceptional people management and project management skills for complex business critical projects.
- Manage highly visible teams and projects with challenging objectives concerning breakthrough development, or significant business change management opportunities.
- Drive teams to challenge status quo and implement initiatives, processes, and tools to support growth and transformation within AN which can be applied further into the overall Henkel landscape.
- Drive Innovation by leveraging 3DP Innovation Transformation techniques of high task iteration and leveraging the Albert Software platform to deliver industry changing technologies.
- Leverage Market Segment Head vision to deliver necessary technologies that match target portfolio.
- Develop direct reports and adjacent teams, ensuring the department keeps pace with growing demand and trends
- Ensure that the Innovation teams utilizes a flexible project management methodology that adheres to established processes, yet remains open to optimized ways of getting work done
- Establish and mentor leadership within the teams, identifying growth areas, moderating conflicts, and managing performance
- Develop and maintain high performing teams; provides visible project leadership and management
- Talent Development: Hire and retain highly capable people while fostering diversity and career development
- Partners with Functional Leadership and project teams, in creating and maintaining integrated cross-functional project plans, including development and assessment of scenarios and options, decision criteria, and internal and external Cross-functional communication and stakeholder management strategies
- Challenges team to think about and anticipate risks, proactively manage risks and develop mitigation strategies
- Demonstrates planning, organization, facilitation, and time management skills including the ability to support and prioritize multiple projects
- Ensure effective communication with external stakeholders and collaborative partners and manages stakeholder expectations
- Willing to identify, develop and/or implement forward thinking development initiatives, processes, or tools to support company growth and transformation
- Performance of other assignments or duties, as determined by the Company Other Skills
- 8+ years supporting cross functional teams; broad business experience covering several functional areas
- Positive attitude, Persistent, and Results Oriented
- Innovation development knowledge with strong understanding of other functions relevant to the position which includes product development, product management, TCS, quality, manufacturing, and regulatory
- Work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, matrixed, team environment consisting of internal and external team members and stakeholders
- Highly motivated, self-starter able to work with minimal supervision and direction
- Excellent conflict resolution
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression,and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.