United States, Geneva, NY, Beauty Care
HPS Site Leader
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
The HPS Site Leader (Henkel Production System) is responsible to deliver result improvements across a broad range of KPIs through the implementation of TPM pillars. This leader is accountable for creating the TPM journey implementation plan, training site employees and leading implementation results and achievements. Will organize, lead and participate in activities that promote sustainable improvement across the production facility. Provide consultative guidance and information to the management team on improvement priorities and risks, associated costs, performance and escalates issues as appropriate.
- Develops and decides on production strategy and production network setup including contract manufacturing network
- Ensures manufacturing capabilities (core vs. outsourced technologies)
- Defines investment strategy and budget with engineering & operations manager
- Defines production and process standards
- Sets the regional and local annual targets for processing cost and specific herewith related KPIs
- Decides product allocation across regions
- Steers acquisitions / divestment (production part) and other strategic / structural projects
- Steers organization development and cost reduction programs such as Supply Chain Academy, Leadership, Qualification Programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with emphasis in mechanical, manufacturing and/or industrial or similar discipline
- Minimum 3 year of experience working in a FMCG large national or multi-national company recognized as a leader in performance management (packaged goods, medical device, aerospace and automotive)
- Established self-management skills.Must bring leadership, interpersonal and communication skills required to interact with all levels of plant personnel and be comfortable working with minimal supervision
- The ability to serve as a change agent who is able to “make it happen” while building positive relationships on a foundation of trust and mutual respect
- Energy, resilience, determination, enthusiasm and strong analytical skills to challenge the status quo
- Ability and willingness to initiate continuous improvement practices and training activities in the factory to improve operator skills and improve factory performance
- The ability to rapidly access, analyze, and quickly resolve complicated problems with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity
- Ability to maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Ability to balance daily “tactical" needs along with allocating time to “strategic” long-term, continuous improvement projects
- Knowledge about Laundry production technology and Lean Manufacturing
- Understanding of production processes as well as SHEQ standards as well as experience in IT tools and Excel
- Lean Certification from industry recognized provider, Six Sigma Certification is a plus
- Proven ability to establish, optimize and maintain world-class maintenance programs, lean manufacturing, quality systems and other continuous improvement systems
- Demonstrated experience using continuous improvement tools (such as Kaizen, pull systems, Autonomous Maintenance, Preventative Maintenance, Focused Improvement, Quick Change Over, error proofing, Root Cause Analysis, 5 Why, Zoning, 5S,Total Quality Management, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, gap analysis, etc)
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.