United States, Salisbury, NC, Adhesive Technologies
Manufacturing Process Engineer
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Support Manufacturing initiatives, including but not limited to:
- Manufacturing support of products with moderate to high complexity.
- Resolution of customer incidents (internal & external)
- Management of change for products
- Cost reduction and quality improvement
- Scale up of new and transferred products.
- Be well versed in Henkel product technologies on processing & equipment.
- Lead effort to clarify manufacturing instructions to ensure repeatable operations
- Set up manufacturing processes with input from R&D, maintenance, production, etc.
- Provide support for miscellaneous customer requests
- Monitor and improve quality of incoming raw materials and act as technical interface with suppliers
- Provide process troubleshooting and optimization
- Perform engineering studies, i.e.: design of experiments
- Coordinate repairs and modifications on existing tools and procedures
- Minor capital project work which would include specifying, procuring, and commissioning new equipment
- Ensure quality, cost, and efficiency requirements are met (KPI’s)
- Process audits
- Fullest support on Safety, Health, and Environmental initiatives
- Able to effectively analyze data for:
- Root cause analysis
- Verification of process changes
- Continuous improvement
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering.
- 2+ years’ experience in Chemical Industry with process safety and operations
- Knowledge of process safety and chemical processes design in a batch operation
- Competent in Project Management, possessing the ability of starting a project and seeing it through to completion
- Knowledge of FMEA, Control plan, and PPAP
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills (oral and written)
- Lean Manufacturing experience preferred
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Processes, NEC code, NFPA standards, PSM, and process controls
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.