United States, Bridgewater, NJ, Adhesive Technologies
Technical Service Engineer (Paper Converting)
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- The Technical Service Engineer will take an entrepreneurial and customer focused approach to the development and implementation of solutions that enable our paper converting customers to introduce innovative, and sustainable packaging products into the market through the use Henkel’s EPIX technology.
- This individual will have inside technical responsibilities including product evaluations, complaint investigations, equipment sourcing and set-ups, and product recommendations for EPIX technical requests.
- Works closely with our Business Development, and Marketing, to meet the technical needs within our EPIX platform and is a key contributor to the weekly EPIX team calls.
- Leads various high level market technical projects focused on sustainability, profitability, continuous improvement and innovation.
- Critical in understanding customer needs and shaping the innovation pipeline as well as introducing new products, technology, and tools to the market by utilizing appropriate project management skills.
- Collaborates as technical liaison during weekly calls between our leading converting partners and large e-commerce customers and our internal team including product development, manufacturing, supply chain, and marketing.
- Prepares laboratory reports which present findings and conclusions and prepares direct customer correspondence.
- Understands lab procedures presented in Technical journals, can adapt, and modify procedures to meet project requirements and effectively communicate technical information back to Business Development.
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field is required.
- 1+years of technical service, product development, or paper converting industry experience
- Ability to multi-task with strong analytical and mechanical skills.
- Excellent project management and organization skills..
- Excellent people skills; able to work effectively with a range of individuals from manufacturing operators and laboratory technicians through senior management both at customers and within Henkel.
- Travel in North America, approximately 20%.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.