United States, Trumbull, CT, Laundry & Home Care
R&D Formulation Scientist
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Actively seeks to understand and utilizes the understanding of chemical structure/function relationships pertaining to material performance delivered from a formulation matrix
- Develops and conducts experimental designs and laboratory screening methods to measure desired performance metrics and for the creation of prototype products
- Reviews data, provides preliminary interpretation and draws conclusions. Proposes next steps and strategies of development efforts. Reports progress/issues on a timely basis.
- Develops “demo” to support commercial executions
- Works closely with R&D’s cross-functional teams (i.e packaging, process development, product testing, and manufacturing) during the development and commercialization of products. Works closely with business partners (i.e. marketing, supply chain, finance, purchasing) when appropriate
- Obtains data to evaluate the composition and performance of competitive offerings and ensures accurate data is generated during laboratory testing and is reported according to standard operating procedures or customer requirements.
- As needed, provides subject matter expert support regarding inspections, recalls and product reviews.
- Prepares and delivers presentations, both written and oral, to various levels of management.
- Responsible for completing raw material and formula submissions as part of the master data process.
- Conducts laboratory work and equipment maintenance in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Maintains laboratory notebook in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Ensures laboratory is kept in a clean, orderly, and safe manner and reports any deficiencies to laboratory supervisor.
- Education — Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or equivalent Science or Engineering related field.
- Experience — 0-2 years of relevant laboratory and industry experience.
- Desirable skills — Strong communication skills and ability to utilize good judgement to make timely, practical, and technically sound decisions.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.