United States, Geneva, NY, Beauty Care
Quality Engineering Intern
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- We are seeking highly motivated and energetic students to join our quality team as quality engineering interns at the Henkel Geneva Plant.
- Interns will work closely with our local quality engineer and quality leadership team.
- Candidates will get hands-on experience in technical writing, developing quality standards, process improvement, and capability studies.
- Sophomore or Junior working toward a Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline
- The performance of this position normally requires exposure to typical manufacturing areas where under certain conditions the use of personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses, and hygienic precautions, such as hairnets, are required.
- The work environment is not climate controlled.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually normal to moderate.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Overtime may be required
- Assist in developing quality and manufacturing standards for cosmetic products.
- Support in quality initiatives and identify areas for improvement.
- Create Quality Assurance standards including Range boards and QCPs.
- Create standard operating procedures and standard work instructions
- Analyze manufacturing processes and instructions to assess differences with actual practices and process specification gaps
- Assist structured problem solving of common manufacturing issues
- Perform capability studies on various pieces of equipment.
- Gain technical knowledge of the cosmetic industry
- Observe manufacturing processes and collect quality feedback including identifying gaps in documentation and good quality practices.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 30 pounds.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.