United States, Geneva, NY, Beauty Care
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- This position is under the supervision of the Compounding Manager and is responsible for the supervision of both Compounding and Pre-Weigh operations on their corresponding shift. This includes but is not limited to delivering against the production schedule requirements, while maintaining a safe and efficient operation.
- Monitor quality control procedures to ensure all standards are met, ensuring overall quality of product produced.
- Drive continuous improvement plans such as reducing cycle time, batch adjustments, transfer loss, and monitor inventory accuracy.
- Improve shift performance by continually giving feedback performance to compounders, central weigh technicians, skill trade helpers, and material handlers.
- Promote a culture that focuses on core principles of safety, 5S, excellent communication and teamwork.
- Ensures that inventory transactions are accurate and complete
- Complete and communicate daily production results, analyse quality/ production trends, and proactively propose solutions, and review all issues with the Compounding Manager.
- Maintain discipline and enforce company rules. This includes all company safety procedures 5S compliance and corporate policies
- Execute employee appraisals; counsel employee and provide job training.
- Effectively communicate batch & material status. Provide concise and accurate timelines to allow for efficient asset and resource planning to downstream operations.
- Order production supplies and ensure accurate level of stock for common items.
- Prefer a minimum of an Associate Degree but will accept High school graduate/equivalent with five plus years manufacturing experience.
- Must exhibit the skill to organize and prioritize work. Should possess excellent communication skills both orally and in writing both with employees and management.
- Experience with First Aid, First Responder, or Hazwoper is a plus. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is a must.
- Will be required to work in Kronos, Mapics and other computer programs.
- Five plus years manufacturing experience required with High School Diploma/GED.
- The position is in the office/manufacturing environment and could involve sitting, standing, walking and lifting for long periods of time throughout the day.
- The employee may be required to regularly lift and/or move up to25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 35 pounds.
- Much of the work area is not climate controlled.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually normal to moderate.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Overtime may be required.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.