United States, Salt Lake City, UT, Laundry & Home Care
Manager, Automation (Controls)
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Defines scope of Controls/ Engineering projects and services and is responsible for electrical engineering projects from the design phase through installation and implementation.
- Approves and/or writes all electrical and controls technical documents.
Responsible for the set-up and adherence to the scheduling and budget of Controls projects.
- Reviews work of subordinate Controls and Electrical staff.
- Works with Contractors, Department Managers and Maintenance staff to troubleshoot problems and improve processes and informs Department Manager and Project manager of project status.
- Investigates and recommends the most effective methods to keep the company at competitive edge at all times and conducts cost comparison studies.
- Must continuously follow all safety policies and procedures on the job.
- For safety and business purposes, must have communication skills including reading, writing and must be able to communicate to others as well as be able to receive communication from others.
- Provides leadership and mentors junior engineers in the electrical engineering group.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, IT, or equivalent experience acceptable.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in discipline.
- Previous experience in application of electronic instruments and programmable logic controllers and programming.
- Experience with writing technical manuals and documentation, developing computer automation, team/project leadership in the areas of technical, budget, scheduling, etc.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.