United States, Stamford, CT, Purchasing
Sr. Purchasing Manager
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Category management of assigned purchasing portfolio within the Packaging Material Group
- Purchasing portfolio includes packaging materials for new launches & existing supply across Beauty Care and Laundry Care business units
- Supplier selection and evaluation with close co-ordination with supply chain and packaging engineering
- Negotiation of supplier terms and conditions and contract administration
- Leverage and deliver full purchasing program: best cost sourcing, supply base management, risk management, contract management, and cash net working capital management
- Feed global savings pipeline with year over year cost reduction
- 6+ Years’ experience in Purchasing or related field
- 4 year College Degree in Business or Engineering Field; MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- Professional experience (Internships at least) in a Multi-National environment
- Outstanding communication skills
- Proven track record of effectively collaborating with supply chain functions and company stakeholders across the larger organization
- Strong customer focus and a track record of delivering best in class service levels
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.