United States, Rocky Hill, CT, Finance
General Accounting Manager
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Understand and manage General Accounting (GA) processes, including monthly closing and reporting steps for Henkel legal entities in North America, including leases, and restructuring, etc.; Seek opportunities to improve, simplify and automate the processes
- Ensure month-end closing and reporting is completed on-time without no major findings from Headquarter or external auditors
- Provide requested information and analysis to Henkel's external and internal audit teams; Support and coordinate requests from external auditors
- Provide direction and guidance to GA team in Manila Shared Service Center (SSC) responsible for executing the GA processes assigned; Review and approve monthly account reconciliations prepared by SSC
- Ensure compliance with Henkel Corporate Accounting Standards and with International Financial Reporting Standards; Support Business Units and perform technical accounting research
- Manage GA projects and support regional and global cross-team projects, such as Balance Sheet Review, 10-year Cash Flow Forecast, US consolidated financial statements, acquisitions, and divestments etc.
- CPA or a Master's degree in business with accounting concentration
- A minimum of 5 years of accounting experience
- Demonstrated ability to learn and master new systems and processes, to understand and resolve issues, and to lead projects and drive changes
- Able to multi-task, but still stay organized with open topics
- Strong Excel skills for data analysis and verification; Experience with SAP a plus but not mandatory
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for interacting with all levels of management and global colleagues
- Interest in career growth through global opportunities
- Ability to perform occasional domestic and international travel
- Key contributor to tactical implementation of finance strategy
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.