United States, St. Louis, MO, Laundry & Home Care
Project Safety Intern
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
The Project Safety Intern will provide support and assistance to safety and engineering in the areas of contractor safety management for an on-site construction project. Participates in the management and implementation of safety initiatives such as contractor onboarding training, and review of project safety objectives to support the delivery of the project on time and in a safe manner. Safety is a fundamental aspect of the role and is part of everyone’s responsibility.
- Assists in the training and onboarding of contractors.
- Assists in the issuance and management of site permits.
- Conduct daily safety inspections.
- Provide safety information for management of safety KPI’s.
- Work with site and contractor safety leads to implement necessary safety corrective actions.
- Complies with Henkel's internal guidelines, rules and regulations
- Accomplishes tasks as directed by supervisor(s)
- Supports processes/operations of the respective Henkel team
- Must be working toward a degree in Safety or related field.
- Strong planning, organization, and project management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations preferred.
- Excellent people and communication skills; works well with others in a team environment.
- Fundamental skills in MS Word, MS Excel, Power Point, and Visio, are preferred.
- Ability to identify issues, conduct root cause analysis and take action to fix issues.
- Capable of management and coordination of multiple resources (i.e., employees, contractors, consultants, etc.).
- Demonstration of skills through coursework or summer work experiences is desirable.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.