United States, Geneva, NY, Beauty Care
Material Handler - 2nd Shift
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That's why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Move materials and products assigned to line and into STO1
- Supply and load production lines with materials and in-process goods for entire Packaging operation.
- Fill bins with bottles and caps to insure uninterrupted production, verify incoming quality and conformance to current production run.
- Load skid with various in-process and finished goods, mark with appropriate tickets, move off line and stage, load as necessary. Organize corrugated boxes and set up carton packaging, hand form boxes as necessary.
- Make minor adjustments as directed (Portable changes, Tote changes, etc).
- Check goods prior to release to shipping department.
- Keep work area neat, clean orderly; clean up spills and equipment.
- Tend filling and packaging to assist production technicians.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma/HSE strongly preferred, or 6+ months experience required.
- Must have proven ability in all aspects of material handling and knowledge of all other procedures in the packaging department.
- The performance of this position normally requires exposure to typical manufacturing areas where under certain conditions the use of personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses, and hygienic precautions, such as hairnets, are required.
- The work environment is not climate controlled. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Overtime may be required.
- It is the responsibility of each employee to conduct tasks in a safe and efficient manner complying with all local, state, and federal safety, health, and environmental regulations, company program standards, company policies, and special safety concerns while protecting yourself, the organization, and the environment.
- You are ultimately responsible for your safety and well-being.
- The position is in the factory and could involve standing, walking and lifting for long periods of time throughout the day.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
- Must be able to reach, lift, bend and stoop without restrictions. Good manual dexterity needed.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.