United States, Rocky Hill, CT, Law & Chief Compliance Office
Assistant General Counsel
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Provides day-to-day legal counseling for one or more multimillion-dollar business unit(s) or corporate functions, which includes drafting, reviewing and revising a variety of documents
- May act as liaison with outside legal firms; may support the company in certain litigation matters; keeps informed on all legislation affecting overall company operations
- Protects the organization's rights in contract negotiations, data privacy, M&A activities, and litigation; ensures compliance with laws and regulations, including advertising, packaging and product regulatory matters
- Advises management on recent changes in laws and regulations that affect the company
- Frequently reviews and negotiates supply and purchase contracts which typically involve products regulated by such US government agencies as the FDA, the EPA and the CPSC.
- JD or equivalent from accredited US law school; current state bar license to practice law in CT or other state, with ability to obtain CT authorized house counsel license
- 6-8 years’ experience in corporate law dept. or mix of law firm & in-house in consumer products & chemical industries desired but will consider equivalent experience in comparable/related industries
- Significant knowledge or expertise in: contracts, advertising/packaging claims, M&A, antitrust, distribution, supply chain, product regulatory (i.e. EPA, CPSC & FDA), tax, data privacy & corporate governance
- Strong analytical & communication skills; excellent client counseling skills
- Ability to:
- work autonomously & own results while still being an involved team member
- proactively spot issues & provide practical solutions
- nat./intern. travel as required
- work effectively with colleagues from diverse cultures and
- prioritize and effectively work on multiple tasks simultaneously
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.