United States, Greenville, SC, Adhesive Technologies
Excellent benefits including Day One Medical, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation, Bonus Opportunities and much more!
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Operates machines and production equipment safely in accordance with instructions
- Sets up or adjusts equipment according to manufacturing specifications
- Monitors the quality of output to identify or discard re-manufacture faulty products
- Maintains accurate daily production records so that manufacturing performance can be analyzed
- H.S. Diploma or G.E.D
- Proficient at routine mathematics, which includes addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Able to climb stairs (20+) several times per day
- Oral Comprehension -- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences data.
- Oral Expression -- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand data
- Written Expression -- The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Able to safely lift 50 pounds and manipulate drums weighing up to 600 pounds with proper mechanical assists
- Able to work with and around hazardous materials, chemicals, and equipment
- Will be working in the presence of environmental conditions such as fumes, dust, heights, chemicals, odors and noise.
- Drive high lift truck -- including use of steps and sitting during operation.
- Interacting with Computers -- Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to set up functions, enter data, or process information.
- Processing Information -- Compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, and/or verifying information or data.
- Must apply personal protective equipment including half mask respirator, particulate dust mask, hearing protection and frequent change of latex and/or heavy rubber gloves and safety glasses with side shield design.
- Must be able to pass medical clearance to wear half face respirator with cartridges and dust mask
- Twist knobs, pull levers, turn valves, push control buttons, attach hose connections, use hand tools including scissors crimpers, scrapers, knives, spatulas, wrenches, scoops, funnels and filters.
- The employee is occasionally required reach with hands and arms.
- Walk/Stand approximately 90% of the time
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, near and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Manufacturing environment, where temperature can be seasonably cool or warm.
- Personal eye protection and steel toe shoes required.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
This position is eligible for a $1000 Sign-On Bonus, payable in two installments. The first $500 will be paid after 30 days of employment, with the second $500 paid after 6 months of employment.