United States, West Hazleton, PA, Laundry & Home Care
Technical Operator - 2nd/3rd Shift
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
The Technical Operator performs technical activities required for the safe operation of beauty care and laundry care packaging line equipment to ensure the production of a high-quality consumer finished good. He/she must act as a team member and stay involved in activities to improve team performance.
• Clean and inspect equipment according to current department procedures
• Operate sheet and cardboard bailers, properly and safely wire bind bails, remove completed bails and prepare bailer for next bail
• Demonstrate corrective procedure for removing a roll splice from sheet stacks
• Enter quality data into PARSEC(Down Time Database)
• Navigate through various control screens to include run, set up, jog, machine faulty, and make changes of modes, homing sequence and set up production values to the proper limits.
• Perform product changeovers, verifying correct material components and sheet counts
• Perform quality checks, knowing which documents are required and shift record keeping procedures
• Clear jams, sheets, and cartons from carton pickup, depressors, inserters, main buckets, funnel buckets, flap tuckers, cleats, chains, sprockets, plows, rollers, and belts
• Identify and address operational and material problems
• Identify critical, stop production quality issues and pursue corrective actions
• Regularly conduct and participate in shift turnover discussion
• Regularly attend, listen and participate in team meetings and end-of-shift meetings
• Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner which enables the employee to get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management
• Demonstrate willingness to support the actions and efforts during daily work
• Spare Parts Ordering via Dynastar
• Follow Pre Start Up Check List for center lining
• Manage Spare Parts Inventory
• Machine Cleaning
• Execute basic PM (Lubrication, Visual Inspections, Etc.)
• Maintain EQ center lining
• Work Independently on basic PM
• Work with IMT on more advanced PM
• Work with IMT on CI Projects
•High School Diploma or GED required
•Basic computer and math knowledge required
•Successful completion of the Level 1 certification process
•Demonstrate ownership and understanding of the Level 1 certification process
•For safety and business purposes, must have communication skills including reading, writing and must be able to communicate to others as well as be able to receive communication from others
•Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
•Sound Trouble shooting skills
Pay: $24.65 an hour based on prior experience
Shift: Day Shift and Night Shift available - 12 hour shifts and a few 8 hour shifts available
Benefits: Start on Day One! Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.