CAN, Oakville, Adhesive Technologies
Field Sales Representative - Retail - Adhesives - Western Ontario
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
Job Summary: Responsible for selling Henkel Lepage products to retail customers within the Ontario and Western Canada marketplace according to priorities set by National Account Managers. This position requires more than 25% overnight travel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a Lepage Brand Ambassador and technical expert.
- Responsible for imparting product knowledge at Hardware / Home Center stores and their retail associates.
- Demonstrate Lepage product benefits and superiority within the retail stores and at trade shows.
- Work with an audience that may be contractors, store personnel or DIY consumers.
- Deliver Sales and Profit growth.
- Use consultative approach and technical expertise to sell products, determine customer needs for existing and potential products and develop the demand for products.
- Recommend development of new products to meet customer needs.
- Create Lepage Brand Ambassadors and experts in the stores by training staff on Lepage product usage and benefits.
- Assess white spots and grow Lepage market share vs. competitive products within market/customers.
- Operate within approved expense plan.
- Establish territory’s Annual Business Plan to create tactics which will ensure growth of key markets/ customers in territory.
- Implement time and territory management techniques such as use of CRM, territory notebook, monthly report, etc., to establish and achieve dollar-producing objectives on a monthly/quarterly cycle.
- Learn and implement sales skills training as outlined in Henkel training and best practices guidebook.
- Implement Marketing programs and provide Marketing Department necessary feedback in order to meet market needs.
- Assume responsibility for other duties as assigned by Key Account / FSR Manager.
- Education – BS/BA in business.
- Experience — 5 years Account Experience with Home Depot, Lowe’s and/or Home Hardware
- Special skills - Leadership, Negotiation, Time Management, Communication, Decision Making
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook.