United States, Elgin, IL, Adhesive Technologies
Senior Electrical / Controls Engineer
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Support engineering and operational initiatives across the North American AO network.
- Responsible for electrical specifications and drawings for new and expanded production facilities across NA.
- Implementation of programs to achieve compliance with National Electric Code, State and Local Electric Codes.
- Conduct Inspections of plant electrical systems.
- Conduct engineering studies to evaluate equipment for electrical control, power distribution, and process control equipment to determine most economical and reliable choice. This will require significant vendor contacts, and interfacing with project and plant engineers to understand requirements.
- Managing and executing conceptual studies, preliminary, and detailed design for electrical power distribution and process control systems. Responsible for all aspects of the electrical and control system design.
- This includes, but is not limited to, electrical installation drawings, one-line diagrams, ladder diagrams, control schematic diagrams, process control loop diagrams, instrument and control system specifications, programming and configuration.
- Work as a member of project teams to safely and successfully support the delivery and implementation of major capital projects within Henkel North America.
- Provide support for safety improvement opportunities that require electrical and controls engineering expertise.
- Develop and implement electrical and controls engineering specifications, guidelines, tools, and procedures for standardization and use throughout the company.
- Plans and executes projects to deliver results. Manages complex projects or multiple projects of defined scope.
- Expertise acknowledged by broad internal recognition. Sought out to participate in specific projects for expertise. Contributes to development of specifications, standards and applications that contribute to operational excellence.
- Ensures site compliance with written programs, company guidelines and accredited standards.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering required; MS preferred
- Minimum 10 to 15 years experience in the Chemical Process Industry preferred
- Work experience in and/or supporting a Chemical Manufacturing Environment from an electrical and controls perspective required
- Detailed knowledge in chemical process control instrumentation required
- Detailed experience in PLC and DCS control systems required, with preferred emphasis on Emersion Delta V and Rockwell Allen Bradley
- Detailed working knowledge of National Electric Code required
- Ability to hold high level technology and project discussions with internal customers influencing decision makers or external agencies if warranted
- Demonstrated understanding of pertinent regulatory compliance and approval requirements as it relates to existing and new technology
- Ability to multi task effectively and execute multiple projects at various stages.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required
- Strong technical and data analysis skills required
- Willingness and ability to travel 30% to 50% of time required
- Frequently sit, view a computer screen, and type on a keyboard for extended periods of times
- Work on the job floor to supervise contractors and start up electrical equipment and chemical processes control systems
- Verbally communicate one-on-one and in front of groups as necessary
- Able to travel to and function in manufacturing plants throughout the company
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.