United States, Bowling Green, KY, Laundry & Home Care
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
The Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician provides testing and other quality-related services to internal customers and ultimately assure product quality, integrity, and safety to the consumer under the direction of the QA Team Manager and QA management. This 12 hour night shift.
- Collect and perform analytical testing on finished products and check finished products for any defects incurred during the packaging process.
- Collect and perform analytical testing on all in-process product.
- Perform analytical tests on in-coming raw materials prior to use in the process.
- Perform microbiological testing on liquid finished products and manufacturing equipment.
- Communicate, retest, release, reject, investigate, and/or escalate as necessary during off-quality situations.
- Block/release materials in the system and enter hold data into SAP or other tracking files.
- Enter quality test results, scan paperwork into SAP, and monitor SAP for completion of inspections.
- File quality documents and input and save quality data in the appropriate locations.
- Provide support to blending department to adjust out of spec product parameters.
- Approve bottle color changes. Match/verify plastic component colors as needed.
- Provide assistance to manufacturing personnel and/or process engineers during test runs and other production projects.
- Collect, label, and store retain samples according to established procedures.
- Keep quality work areas clean and organized.
- Assist with training of associates in areas of expertise.
- Must be in quality lab by start of shift and fully participate in shift hand off activities, including updates to escalations and action items.
- Must continuously follow all safety policies and procedures on the job.
- Must complete weekly Safety Chatters and monthly Compliance Trainings.
- For safety and business purposes, must have good communication skills including reading writing, and must be able to communicate to others as well as be able to receive communication from others.
- Maintain an awareness of and use Good Manufacturing Practices.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- College coursework in chemistry + post-secondary degree
- Bachelor’s degree in science field preferred
- Quality experience
- Experience with SAP, relevant ISO standards, and/or auditing preferred
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner which enables the employee to get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Work with local management team to drive and improve quality, environmental, safety, and energy results across the site within area of responsibility and where required to meet ISO 9001, 14001, 45001, and 50001 standards.
- Must be well organized, thorough with all lab details and follow through with procedures as needed.
- Must perform lab tests in a timely manner and deliver concise results with good integrity.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must learn and adapt to Henkel processes and procedures.
- Must be able to do math computations and calculations.
- Must be willing to work overtime and holidays when necessary.
- Must be able to use a computer with working knowledge of basic office software.
- Willingness and capability to solve problems within the lab and cross-functionally.
- Ability to balance changing priorities in a dynamic team environment.
- Must be willing to work on requested shift. Training may occur on different shifts (nights/days/weekends) than the application states and generally takes 1-2 months to complete.
- Must demonstrate a strong commitment to safety with investment in safety improvement activities.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.