United States, Sabana Grande, PR, Adhesive Technologies
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
Under the direction of the Quality Manager:
- Work with a group of technologists to troubleshoot and improve the manufacturing process covering the three chemistries (Cyanoacrylate, Anaerobic and Silicone).
- Works closely with the H/PR Production and Quality Control Department to ensure and maintain optimal production operations by providing technical solutions to resolve any difficulty which may arise from purchased and manufactured chemicals and formulations.
- Works closely with QA personnel, Product Control and Process Technology at H/RH to ensure the smooth transfer of new products and technologies to H/PR for manufacturing, qualification of new vendors and defensive projects.
- Coordinate’s pilot and trial production runs with the Process Engineers as part of the transfer of new products and the troubleshooting and optimization of existing bulks.
- Works closely with Production and QC Department to submit request for changes in production Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and/or QC specification based on the statistical experiment results and/or suggestions from the Bulk production.
- Works closely with Purchasing, Production, QC, and QA personnel to:
- -help identify the defective chemical raw materials;
- -prepare rework procedures as requested;
- -provide temporary SOPs as required;
- -request formulation, process and/or specification revisions as required.
- Works closely with the Material Control Department personnel to make sure that critical steps are followed through the SOP, B&P routings and/or work instructions.
- Works closely with the Customer Satisfaction Analyst and NA CST members to timely resolve the customer complaints and to make necessary corrective actions as required.
- Represents H/PR in the Product Development projects as required.
- Promotes and uses Statistical Process Control (SPC) problem solving techniques in resolving problems and presenting data. Uses these tools in defining corrective actions to continuously improve the quality of bulk products.
- Updates and documents all pertinent information as required by the QS-9000 and ISO 9001.
- Coordinates all activities related to the NCMR process (NCMR Coordinator).
- Takes business trips as required.
- Participates in professional trainings and meetings as required
- Bachelor Degree in Chemistry.
- Minimum 6 years of working experience in a Chemical Manufacturing environment.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish, written and oral).
- Knowledge in SAP system and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) desirable.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts and weekends if needed.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.