CAN, Mississauga, Adhesive Technologies
Supervisor Warehouse - Mississauga
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
Job Summary: Supervises and directs distribution operation of assigned shift. Assists in maintaining ISO 9000:2015, ISO 14001:2015, AITF:16949 programs as well as helping to ensure Henkel Global IMS and regulatory compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains Liaison role between supervised workforce and Distribution Manager
- Supervises all Distribution Process Team Leaders and Shippers, which includes responsibility for the following areas: Recommending/interviewing candidates for hire, completing performance reviews, documenting corrective action issues, training, and staff development.
- Responsible for ensuring proper procedures are followed for receipt of incoming goods, replenishment of stock, order picking, shipping, and reworking of rejected items.
- Establishes rotation schedule for process team leaders and cross-training schedule for shippers/ Receivers.
- Fosters a team atmosphere.
- Define and communicate expectations.
- Communicate clear goals and objectives.
- Ensure all areas of shift are staffed and daily tasks completed.
- Assists with data collections by querying SAP and developing charts and reports.
- Promotes and follows all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Ensure housekeeping standards are met.
- Ensure compliance with environmental, safety & health standards
- Identify gaps or issues reaching goals and objectives and develops plans for continuous improvement.
- Holds regularly scheduled meetings to keep work groups informed on company and customer issues.
- Monitor hours worked, overtime hours, sick/personal days & vacation.
- Maintain Liaison role between HR and payroll.
- Performs various other duties as assigned.
- Creation of work instructions, procedures and supporting documents.
- Order supplies needed for warehouse and employees.
- Serves on and facilitates process improvement teams.
- Assistance with staying within operational budget
- Education — College degree in Management, Supply chain, Logistics or related field.
- Experience — Two to three years supervisory experience, preferably in the field of Distribution and logistics.
- Special skills — must be able to work with frequent interruptions in order to respond to customer concerns (both internal and external). Understanding of WMS/MRP required. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Requires - the ability to supervise others in a positive environment and maintain strict confidentiality regarding personnel issues.
- Certifications and licenses — specialized courses in Inventory, Supervision, Lean, and/or Six Sigma are a plus.
- Physical Requirements: Requires many different activities from sitting, standing, and walking in both office setting and distribution center.
- Must be able to adhere to all company safety policies.
- Some light lifting may be required.