SGP, Singapore, Adhesive Technologies
Process Safety Manager APAC
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
At Henkel, we promote a holistic Diversity & Inclusion approach. The diversity of our employees, their backgrounds, experiences, talents, knowledge, creativity, and the appreciation of all their individual differences are the foundation for our competitive advantage. As a multinational corporation, Henkel employs people from 120 nations in almost 80 countries. About 85 percent of our employees work outside of Germany, with more than half of them in emerging markets.
- This role will report to Adhesives’ Head of Global Engineering and Process Safety, oversee more than 40 operation sites as well as several Admin/Lab sites in APAC on the process safety issue, interact with regional SHE team, regional operations team, site teams and external authorities as needed for all the process safety issues to ensure effective implementation of a sound process safety program for APAC
- Participate in global development and improvement and regional implementation of process safety standard, tools, programs, training, and work processes in a systematic approach.
- Work with regional engineering and sites to develop and implement a concrete roll out plan for process risk assessment (PRA) for existing processes and site projects
- Provide training and hand-on coaching through leading and/or facilitating the process risk assessment (PRA) with site team and project team to build up process safety network and enhance process safety competency for the region
- Provide process safety consulting support and recommend optimal solutions to the engineering, project, operation, and business teams in execution of process safety requirements and to ensure compliance with Corporate standards and local regulation requirement
- Provide focused process safety support to major engineering projects to ensure process risk and corrective action are addressed with application of engineering principles to design, construction, commissioning, operation etc
- As requested, facilitate, or participate the root cause analysis and accident investigation of process safety incidents. Collaborate with sites to promote process safety learnings in the region
- Work closely with peers in SHE team by providing expertise input on process, engineering and risk assessment methodology (e.g. qualitative or quantitative tools) to support development of overall regional SHE programs, as there are always interfaces and overlaps among different areas of SHE management, e.g. process safety, occupational safety, occupational health and industrial hygiene and environmental management
- Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum five years of experience in chemical process (reactive chemistry/synthesis)
- Experience with typical Adhesives’ production process (handling of flammable liquids, reactive chemistry and handling of toxic materials) are advantageous
- Leadership experience, 2-3 years, and strong ability to be self-directed
- Indirect experience in project management aka liaising with the other counterparts, managing a virtual team
- Experience in risk assessment methodology
- Fluent English is mandatory, a second language is advantageous