United States, Bay Point, CA, Adhesive Technologies
Senior Analytical Lab Chemist
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- The Senior Analytical Lab Chemist will manage lab operations and staff with a focus on the coordinate routine lab processes for technicians, operation and routine maintenance of analytical and mechanical Equipment. This includes but is not limited to HPLC, GPC, TGA, TMA, DMA, Rheology, SEM, DSC, Titrimetric equipment, FTIR, Microscopy, etc.
- Method development, preparation of analytical reports and presentation of analytical data and its application.
- Strict compliance to corporate and departmental quality & safety policies while creating an atmosphere of innovation within the PD/TCS teams as well as cross functionally
- Maintaining, calibrating, & troubleshooting of analytical and mechanical equipment/instrumentation
- Procure analytical and mechanical equipment
- Maintaining laboratory registers with data back-up/information systems
- Facilitate and maintain area/functional training
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry is required. Masters or Ph.D in Polymer Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or other related fields is preferred.
- 4+ years of experience with lab oversight/management is required.
- 4+ Experience with analytical techniques required.
- Familiarity with mechanical testing and failure analysis preferred.
- Ability to write clear concise reports and give presentations on analytical data.
- Communication effectively with internal and external customers.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.