United States, Culver City, CA, Beauty Care
Commercial Trade Analyst -Schwarzkopf/Alterna
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
The Commercial trade analyst will be responsible for aligning trade marketing initiatives by leveraging analytical tools, identifying new strategic opportunities; developing and updating sales plans to increase assigned area(s) sales and profitability. This position will also be responsible for the administrative, operational, and analytical aspects of the Loyalty programs. Part of the Schwarzkopf Professional US and Alterna Global team, this role will need to understand a broad omnichannel presence (salons, specialty retail, ecommerce). The Commercial Trade Analyst will be a key partner to the marketing and sales teams, as well as to the leadership team.
- Gather, analyze, and share primary and secondary research in a systematic way.
- Implements Trade Marketing strategies; track budget, communicate results and make recommendations to stakeholders.
- Analyze new growth opportunities by category; recommends new business opportunities.
- Develop department and category insights to deliver greater share of promotion, distribution, and shelving.
- Conduct promotional performance analysis; prepare sales and financial reports, recommends changes to strategy.
- Evolve Loyalty program features and benefits in line with customer needs, customer goals, financial / operating plans, and budgets. Partner with marketing and sales team to track, analyze and communicate performance vs. expectations.
- Develop financial scenarios for loyalty initiatives and make recommendations on Loyalty promotions.
- Complete reports specific to loyalty indicators (egg. Transactions, enrollments, etc.).
- BS/BA with an emphasis in business and/or marketing.
- 5+ years of experience in primary and secondary research.
- Ability to make recommendations for solutions based on information gathered and analyzed from existing systems and/or imperfect information.
- Strong business and financial knowledge with business analytics skills and the ability to plan, track and evaluate trade management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Access and Power Point, advanced skills in Excel, including Data Analysis, Pivot tables, and complex graphs
- Ability to build professional relationships with Trade Marketing and cross functional teams while facilitating a collaborative environment.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, present complex ideas concisely and clearly articulate ideas verbally and in writing.
- Passion for the beauty/fashion industry is a plus. CPG experience an advantage.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.