Netherlands, Nieuwegein, Adhesive Technologies
Category Marketing Manager - Adhesives for Consumers & Craftsmen (m/f/x)
Henkel Adhesive Technologies is a worldwide leader in bonding, sealing and surface treatments - thanks to our ambitious people. We create unique value for our clients and our technologies can be found in many objects touching our lives every day. Our success is built on constant innovation and people who strive for excellence. Working at Henkel is much more than just a job. It’s a passion. Have you got what it takes?
The Strategic Business Unit Consumers, Craftsmen and Building adhesives (AC) provides high-quality solutions for adhesives, sealants and functional coatings to a wide target group ranging from consumers to professional craftsmen, and markets a wide range of brand name products, like Perfax, Pritt, Pattex, Loctite and Rubson. We are looking for a Senior Category Manager.
You will be the category management specialist with focus on the Do-It-Yourself (DIY) channel, developing and implementing the strategic CatMan roadmap for the next years and actionable growth plans at the main DIY retailers.
- Lead category reviews for all major DIY retailers in BNL, identify category growth drivers through deep dive analysis
- Liaise with account managers and brand managers in the development and implementation of category reviews
- Develop recommendations and trade argumentations regarding the introduction of new products, the development of retailer specific promotional activations instore, shelf planning changes, store layout plans/planograms and yearly account negotiations
- Support account management team in the preparation and presentation of tender negotiations
- Present to internal and external stakeholders of these different elements
- Benelux responsibility
- Master’s degree in economics (or equivalent)
- At least 5 years of experience in category management within the FMCG industry, working with Benelux organized customers
- Ability to translate data and insights into strategic plans and actionable growth initiatives in trade
- Exceptional analytical skills; happy to work with figures
- Result driven, entrepreneurial and pro-active mindset
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multi-functional team.
- Fluent in Dutch and/or French, English
- Advanced experience with MS Excel, PowerPoint proficiency