United States, Salt Lake City, UT, Laundry & Home Care
Raw Material Handler
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Unload raw materials, bulk dry, bulk liquid, non-bulk and hazardous liquid out of rail cars, trucks and various containers.
- Hook, unhook rail pan, move hoses in and out of position; open/close rail car gates.
- Moving rail cars into position with track mobile to offload.
- Taking samples of every delivery.
- Responsible for the maintenance of 50 or more hoses, moats, tank level indicators, off-load systems. Report all problems to maintenance department or vendors assigned to maintain these systems.
- Measure tank levels 3 times per day. There are 20+ tanks with difficult to reach openings.
- Keep accurate logs of rail and tank level.
- Required to keep the outside off-loading areas clean at all times.
- Attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Must be at the workstation at the beginning of the shift.
- Must continuously follow all safety policies and procedures on the job.
- For safety and business purposes, must have communication skills including reading.
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English to communicate and interact effectively with associates at all levels.
- Must have basic computer and math skills
- Must have mechanical skills and aptitude.
- Ability to assess any situation and troubleshoot any problems that may arise with malfunctioning equipment.
- Ability to make decision quickly and accurately.
- Work independently and accurately with little supervision.