United States, Atlanta, GA, United States, Chicago, IL, United States, Bridgewater, NJ, United States, New York, NY, United States, Charlotte, NC, United States, Philadelphia, PA, Adhesive Technologies
Strategic Key Account Manager (Adhesives)
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- As part of the Key Account Management team, you will work remote and be responsible for protecting and growing Henkel’s business with customers recognized for their strategic importance to the paper converting business.
- Create strategic account plans, making sales calls to assigned customers’ corporate headquarters and key plant sites.
- Communication of strategic plans to regional teams, as well as accountability for implementation and execution of those plans.
- Identify and resolve issues/problems encountered by our customers or by Henkel’s management, marketing, manufacturing, or technical services team.
- Conducting regular Business Reviews to ensure our plan is aligned with customer business objectives and strategies.
- Managing Henkel’s response to customer bids; coordination of key account visits at Henkel sites.
Introducing new technology and value propositions to key customers; participation in Trade and market association meetings to maintain industry reputation.
- Bachelors degree is preferred and will consider candidates with relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
- 7 + years of sales experience in paper converting, pressure sensitive adhesives, flexible packaging, or related industrial/technical role is required.
- Former key account management experience is a plus.
- Strong account management skills (vision, strategic thinking, planning, communication, relationship building, negotiation, leadership and execution).
- Creativity, flexibility, adaptability; able to manage ambiguity; effective written and verbal communication skills; excellent coaching capabilities and experience in leading senior people.
- Ability to travel an average of 40%-50%
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.