United States, Trumbull, CT, Laundry & Home Care
Principal Engineer - Processing Technology Innovation
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Implements, modifies, and maintains production processes for projects of high complexity. Plans and execute tests of new and existing equipment and technologies to ensure products can be manufactured in the Henkel or external manufacturing partners.
- Generate, document and execute a plan to select and/or develop technology (e.g., order of addition, chemical interactions, processing parameters, processing equipment) including managing dynamic timelines, in order to meet the project's specific objectives (e.g., improve quality, deliver new products, optimize processes).
- Create technology transfer documentation for cross functional technical communication and training purposes during commercialization
- Work with Engineering to develop and optimize design requirements / scope for unit operations and equipment associated with innovative forms or processing technology
- Conduct field tests to gather data (e.g., processing capability, equipment needs, formulation restriction) in order to improve manufacturing feasibility, product performance, sustainability and/or product quality.Supervise plant trials or production start-ups.
- Prepare and continuously update document(s) (e.g., technical notebook(s), SOPs, trial protocols) in order to define a project, establish expectations and gain support.
- Stays abreast of new technologies and instrumentation and makes recommendations for capital improvements.Provides leadership on R&D strategy development for innovation projects and new product forms.
- Works creatively upfront with the Innovation Team and Product Development to generate ideas that have clear, sustainable pathways to manufacturing with minimum capex.
- BS degree in Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- 5 or more years’ experience in Research & Development, Manufacturing or Engineering with at least 3 years of relevant laboratory and CPG industry experience
- Working knowledge of statistics and Design of Experiments, ability to produce Block and Process Flow Diagrams for new processes
- Experience with scale up from lab to pilot plant to commercial scale physical requirements, significant amount of time at lab bench or pilot plantandable to prepare own batches within the pilot plant
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.