United States, Stamford, CT, Purchasing
Mgr Purchasing I
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Manages relationship to local key stakeholder, collaborates on initialization of saving projects or further benefits
- Specifies reg./local demand, creates spend transparency by analyzing purchasing data, defines specific metrics as basis for negotiation
- Screens the markets and identifies potentially new suppliers, prepares and conducts efficient and compliant (e)-sourcing activities
- Develops supplier decision memo for local business, awards and implements suppliers, establishes contracts in cooperation with Legal
- Tracks and benchmarks sourcing decision, consults category for the sourcing strategy development
- Guides the local business colleagues on compliance and sustainability in sourcing
- Steers regional and global project roll-outs and change management on local level
- Escalates path for process service level and quality of e2e StP operations, ensures governance and compliance for StP related activities
- Manages local/regional supplier base and identifies potential supplier rationalization
- Steers the enablement of digital suppliers and content for the buying channels to cover local demand efficiently
- Guides local business on buying channels/order process
- Executes and tracks defined StP transactions in case of legal local or market requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3-5 years related purchasing or equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge of market including supplier base, general industry information and cost drivers.
- Strong knowledge of good purchasing practices, supply chain management and contract law as it applies to the procurement process.
- Strong negotiation skills with demonstrated flexibility in approach to negotiating based on the situation.
- Experience proactively engaging customers and suppliers to identify and define potential issues and opportunities; developing solutions that create value.
- Advanced analytical capabilities in Excel
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.