United States, Madison Heights, MI, Adhesive Technologies
Technical Business Development Manager (Surface Treatment)
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- The Technical Business Development Manager will be responsible to identify new opportunities to increase sales of Henkel's surface treatment product portfolio.
- Leads recommendations, customer visits, demonstrations, trainings and problem solving to work with existing surface treatment products, or break-through technologies.
- Collaborates and develops roadmap with global customer design centers and industry experts.
- Meets with key global/regional customers at their facilities to translate/identify new opportunities.
- Is the recognized expert in industry trade associations, develops new to the world data/white papers to promote Henkel expertise externally.
- Develops and manages key innovation and application development programs. Understands latest technologies and impacts Henkel and its customers.
- Has global technical leadership role in the Surface Treatment Market Teams; recognized as market applications expert and as consulting resource to Market Segment.
- Is responsible for the technical training of field sales forces and customers and for TCS talent development.
- Conducts manufacturing excellence surveys to identify cost savings and process improvement opportunities.
- Bachelors degree is required. Advanced degree is preferred.
- 5+ years of technical or sales experience with surface treatment products/solutions is required.
- Highly functional in digital core ( statistical analysis, pivot tables, minitab statistical or related software)
- Project management or Lean Six Sigma preferred.
- Travel 30%-50%, depending on customer location and new product launches.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.