United States, Indianapolis, IN, United States, Madison Heights, MI, United States, Cincinnati, OH, United States, Cleveland, OH, United States, Columbus, OH, United States, Dayton, OH, United States, Toledo, OH, Adhesive Technologies
Technical Service Engineer (Automotive)
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Responsible for product recommendations, customized product applications, new product demonstrations and troubleshooting for Henkel’s automotive (OEM, assembly, Tier 1 suppliers) customers using our sealant, coating and adhesives products.
- Serve as technical liaison with customers, sales, marketing, manufacturing and R&D and identify new product development opportunities.
- Assist sales in conducting line audits and development of value add/proposition calculations to maintain existing business and close new business.
- Provide technical support for the launch of new products/lines/process.
- Compiles information and makes recommendation on selection of products for existing core business customer projects and new business opportunities.
- Responsible for coordinating and processing all customer projects through the applications lab.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, business, or equivalent or significant relevant product experience in an automotive setting.
- 5+ years of relevant engineering or technical sales experience working directly with OEM customers is required.
- Knowledge of PVC and Rubber based chemistry, laboratory equipment and tests used to qualify and troubleshoot these technologies, Hydraulic/pneumatic pumping systems and related application equipment, automotive paint systems (e-coat and topcoat) is preferred.
- Position will be remote and candidate must have ability to travel 50%.
- Must have a strong work ethic and excellent customer relationship skills.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.