United States, Cannon Falls, MN, Adhesive Technologies
Quality Lab Supervisor
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Manage the productivity of Lab Technicians performing quality control testing on incoming raw materials, semi-finished goods, & finished goods according to inspection plan & specifications.
- Work closely with product development, engineering and manufacturing teams to improve and develop test methods for existing and new products.
- Support company goals and objectives and strive for continuous improvement in methods and processes. Supervise and train quality.
- Technicians and quality analyst activities and staff.
- Ensure acceptable performance levels as well as maintain clear objectives for direct reports.
- Evaluate departmental performances and provide mentoring as required.
- Review, create or update standard operating procedures and work instructions as needed.
- Evaluate, investigate and ensure containment of all quality incident reports.
- Assist in investigating and correcting quality related issues (including customer complaints).
- Manage test equipment: MSA, Calibrations, Verifications, PMs, & repair of test equipment as needed in-house or using service vendors.
- Communication of coordinated activities with other functions to provide feedback on schedule impact, status of samples, arrange for high priority items, & any other activities where lab is coordinated with other functions.
- Report KPI’s for lab resource allocations and productivity
- Minimum of 2 year of experience in a manufacturing organization and/or testing laboratory.
- Minimum of 2 year of experience in Supervisory role Strong organizational and computer skills including Excel, and similar and/or appropriate programs.
- Strong team building and supervisory skills.
- Self-motivated and positive team-oriented attitude. High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.