United States, Richmond, VA, Adhesive Technologies
Shipping Receiving Operator
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Operates forklift truck to move, stack, load or unload materials, parts and finished goods
- Finalizes paperwork to move and/or accompany receivables or shipments, i.e., inland bills of lading, pack slips, hazardous declaration forms.
- Participates in the cycle count program and assists in preparing and taking of physical inventories.
- Picks, packs, loads and unloads all orders in accordance with specific instructions.
- Maintains work area in a neat, organized, and clean manner at all times. Must follow 5S standard of housekeeping.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge SAP/LOGOS/scanner applications.
- Work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Walk/Stand approximately 50% of the time.
- Will be working in the presence of environmental conditions such as fumes, dust, chemicals, odors and noise.
- Must successfully complete Henkel forklift certification training.
- Ability to lift 50 lb
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to pass Henkel’s basic skills assessments.
- Three to five years shipping / receiving experience (preferred) in manufacturing warehouse environment
- Forklift experience
- Self-motivated and strong team player
- Demonstrate excellent attendance and reliability
- Flexibility to work overtime, extended shifts, and other shifts
- Strong commitment to safety and OSHA required standards
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.