United States, Madison Heights, MI, Adhesive Technologies
Application Engineering - Surface Treatment
HENKEL IS FOR THOSE WHO STEP UP. DO YOU?
At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Review and understand complex customer requests and projects. Give sound technical design and technology advice to customers, field sales representatives, and other Henkel personnel.
- 10 – 15% travel to customers in support of specific projects and applications is required.
- Has strong skills in managing multiple projects and keeping projects moving on specified timelines.
- Responsible for building up chemical baths, processing panels, applying paint, and working with Analytical equipment like a Scanning Electron Microscope, etc.
- Responsible for conducting quality control checks on chemical baths, electro-coats, purge solvents, metal pretreated panels, etc.
- Must be able to move pails filled with chemicals up to approx. 55 lbs.
- Expand knowledge of Henkel Sales System (SAP ACE) and work with representatives to ensure that the projects are up to date and become a key member of sales projects.
- Monthly reports of sales projects, activities, and issues are required.
- Maintain clean, organized, and safe laboratories. This includes maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment, maintain a proper level of Henkel products and general laboratory supplies, ensure the facilities are properly functioning and making sure proper chemical labeling and storage practices are followed in the laboratories as required.
- Maintain neat and accurate records and reports of work performed on projects. Maintain appropriate records on technical information regarding Henkel products, processes, and competitors.
- Purchase equipment for the laboratories. Purchase special materials for projects as well as purchasing the general laboratory supplies (including Henkel products).
- BS Engineering Degree
- Preferred to have surface treatment knowledge and experience
- Must have good mechanical aptitude and the ability to write accurate comprehensive engineering reports
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills necessary
- The ability to think and work under minimal supervision is essential
- A working knowledge of computer software for word processing, graphics and spread sheets is required
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel’s request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.